Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Staff RN - CHA - Onslow Oncology
Department: Onslow Oncology
This position has access to and knowledge of extremely sensitive, private and confidential materials. Ability to maintain the highest standard is required with zero tolerance.
This position is located in Jacksonville, NC
All the primary duties within this document will be performed according to established policies, procedures and guidelines within the department and theMedicalCenter.
The Registered Nurse works under the direction of the Provider on duty. The RN has responsibility and accountability for the provision of patient care. The RN communicates and coordinates the patient s care in an interdisciplinary model. The RN manages and delivers patient care utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The RN applies critical thinking skills to resolve problems. The RN provides care based on established standards of care and expectations. The RN demonstrates leadership to other members of the team as a resource nurse, mentor, coach and delegates nursing care activities. The RN assumes accountability for his or her own ongoing learning needs and competency. Performs other appropriate duties as assigned.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
Responsibility I: NHRMC Standards of Performance
* Ownership – responsible for all outcomes of efforts and actions
* Teamwork – demonstrates a willingness to assist co-workers and to accept additional assignments as requested to support the department efficiently by acting as a team player and working well with others
* Communication – acknowledge patients and co-workers, listen attentively while maintaining eye contact and speaking to them directly and respectfully
* Compassion – Be an advocate for patients, families and teammates. Show them you care and always follow up.
Responsibility II: Patient Care
* Assumes overall responsibility for patient flow within the office setting
* Obtains all outside medical records and tests results from referring physician
* Review patient schedule with physician and plan for clinical day
* Clean treatment rooms and ensure that proper supplies are stocked and available
* Escort patient to treatment room and perform basic routine testing
* Inform patients of results of testing and ongoing treatment plan after review with physician
* Answer / triage all clinical issues as deemed appropriate by the physician
* Ensures that patients have follow up testing and appointment with physician
* Develops a working relationship with referring physicians
* Performs nursing assessments to gather data and identify the patient s needs for each episode of care
* Coordinates and communicates patient care needs for discharge planning in patient care conferences and with members of the health care team.
* Develop and implement an individualized plan of nursing care with the patient and family that will address the patient and family identified needs and concerns
* Collaborates with physicians and other health team members in coordinating the plan of care and facilitating patient outcomes
* Implements and evaluates the patient s response to care through assessment and reassessment and updates the plan of care
* Provides care based on established standards of practice, policies and protocols
* Demonstrates leadership by providing information as a resource nurse, mentor and coach
* Demonstrates critical thinking skills for problem solving and anticipating patient care needs.
* Documents assessments, delivery of care and patient s response to care in the medical record
* Provide information and facilitates patient/family teaching
* Assisting the physician with exams and minor office surgery
* Maintaining supplies, equipment, stocking and sterilizing instruments
* Recording accurate refrigerator temperature logs daily, as well as spore testing on Autoclave s
* Disposing of biohazard waste according to OSHA standards
* Performing accurate, legal, and ethical documentation at all times
* Maintains compliancy within regulatory agencies such as HIPAA, OSHA and CLIA and JCAHO if applicable
Responsibility IV: Accountability of Patient Care
* Ensures that patients have all information and questions answered about their health and treatments received, to include future treatment plans
* Completes all documentation for observation, planning and evaluation of care provided to patients
* Assumes responsibility for tracking patient through radiology, laboratory and all other referrals
* Assists physician with History and Physical
* Logs and tracks outbound patient referrals to be reported to Site Manager
* Works with pharmacies and insurance companies on prior authorizations as needed
* Responsible for inventory of all sample medications, perform monthly inventory on expired medications, reports and disposes of accordingly
Responsibility V: General Practice Duties
* Must maintain a current state license, including CPR
* Must have physical exam and annual TB skin testing
* Provide telephone coverage / daily patient call backs
* Assist front office staff with filing and other clerical needs
* PHI– refrain from discussing Patient Health Information in public in accordance with HIPAA guidelines and policies
* Ability and flexibility to cover various medical offices when needed
* Adheres to departmental dress codes as observed by director and wears picture identification badge, 100% of the time.
* If CPR certification is not current, must be willing to obtain within 60 days of employment, as a condition of employment.
* Maintains continuing education requirements as required.
1. Education: 2 year Associate Degree.
2. Licensure / Certifications: Current RN Licensure. CPR Certification Preferred.
3. Experience: At least 1 year previous medical / physician office experience.
4. Essential Technical/Motor Skills: Must have working knowledge of practical nursing theories and policies and be able to accommodate a moderate to fast work pace. Basic clinical mathematical skills required. Must be able to accommodate a moderate to fast work pace. Have excellent customer service skills. Must be able to operate within Microsoft programs. Prior experience in anEMR(electronic medical record) environment preferred.IDXexperience a plus.
5. Interpersonal Skills: Must be able to relate and interact with internal and external customers in a positive manner. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
6. Essential Physical Requirements: Must be able to stoop and pick up objects from the floor, file, etc, without restrictions. Must have full use of hand and arms to reasonably assist immobile patients.
7. Essential Mental Abilities: Must possess clarity of thinking and interpretation, along with good intuition and an ability to anticipate the needs of patients and providers. Ability to organize and rationalize easily and quickly, is required
8. Exposure to Hazards: Exposure tochemicals and disinfectants Exposure to bodily fluids, latex, as well as a risk to exposure of Infectious Disease.
9. Hours of Work: Generally, 8-5, M-F. Some weekend work may be required.
10. Population Served: All internal and external customers, patients and clinicians.