Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Middleware/JBoss Technical Account Manager
Job ID 38052
Department Software Engineering, Technical Support
Remote base ..
Posting date 12/5/2012
Red Hat's Technical Account Management service is a premium support offering with a mission to build, maintain and grow long-lasting customer loyalty.
A Red Hat Middleware Technical Account Manager (TAM) is key to servicing our enterprise customers and partners. This role serves as the primary escalation point for our enterprise-class customers and partners within our Global Support Services department.
You will help debug, quantify and test issues escalated by our customers and partners for the complete JBoss Enterprise Middleware Suite and will work closely with associates within Global Support Services & the Red Hat Engineering organization to help resolve issues and build relationships.
Candidates near our offices in Raleigh, NC, Atlanta, GA & Tysons Corner , VA offices are preferred; however, well-qualified, home-based candidates residing in the southeastern U.S. will absolutely be considered.
Primary job responsibilities
• Perform technical reviews and provide knowledge sharing to proactively identify and prevent issues
• Gain understanding of customer's technical infrastructure/environment, hardware and/or products
• Perform initial or secondary investigation and respond to online and phone support requests
• Deliver key JBoss Portfolio Roadmap updates and assisting customer with product upgrades
• Provide advice and guidance to customers about their current and future JBoss products
• Manage customer cases and maintain clear and concise case documentation
• Serve as the customer advocate within Red Hat
• Travel, as necessary, to visit customers
• 5+ years of professional Java (J2EE/JEE) coding skills, honed through extensive commercial experience
• Deep knowledge of the J2EE/JEE platform
• Must have hands-on experience with Java application platform and application server technologies - JBoss/WebSphere/WebLogic
• Solid understanding of Java Programming API's & popular Java frameworks
• Experience in a support, development, engineering, or quality assurance organization
• Proven ability and willingness to learn new open source middleware technologies
• Ability to manage multiple issues and projects while maintaining a high level of detail
• Effectively manage and grow existing Enterprise customer and partner relationships by delivering best of class support
• Outstanding verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to convey information to customers in a clear and concise manner
• BS degree in a technology-related discipline - Computer Science/Engineering is preferred
Interested in this job?
* Apply online