Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Registered Nurse - Lactation Consultant/Educator
Schedule: Days: M-F: Rotating Weekends
Shift: Full Time
* RN Required
* 1 year of experience required
Coordinates the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of nursing care to provide optimal, quality patient careconsistent with High Point Regional Health System’s mission, philosophy, goals, standards, and bylaws and in collaborationwith other clinical disciplines. Prescribes, delegates, and coordinates nursing care based on nursing diagnoses consistent withthe patient’s age, health/illness status, and physiological/psychosocial needs.
Bachelors Nursing Required*
*Effective October 1, 2012, must complete BSN within four years from date of hire.
Certifications, Licensures and Registrations
Registered Nurse with current North Carolinalicense
North Carolina Board of Nursing Required
Certified Lactation Consultant International Board of Lactation
CPR certification (BLS Course C) American Heart Association Required*
* unless meets requirements for restricted CPR certification.
* Clinical Specialty certification preferred.
Prior Nursing Preferred
Prior Obstetrics, L&D, Nursery Preferred
Prior Post Partum Nursing and/or Maternal-Child Public HealthexperiencePreferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Successful completion of General Hospital Orientation and General Nurse Orientation provided by TCU.
- Successful completion of specialty/subspecialty orientation including a minimum six weeks under the direction of the UnitCoordinator/Charge Nurse, RN/RN Preceptor.
- Basic computer skills.