Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Merck is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and consumer health products, as well as animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of people like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The Instrumentation Technician is responsible for providing instrumentation and controls support for Plant Engineering Utility areas (WFI system, clean steam, HVAC instrumentation etc.) located in manufacturing areas. The instrument technician works within a team to perform maintenance and troubleshooting activities. Evaluates instrumentation performance, completes calculations, and resolves deviations. Develops standard operating procedures (SOPs) and preventative maintenance (PM) plans/calibration procedures, as required. Follows proper procedures for maintaining equipment, supplies and facilities in utility and manufacturing areas. Responsible for written documentation of activities. Actively supports, participates and embraces an empowered team culture including significant interaction with Quality, Technical Operations, Engineering and other support groups.
Must be flexible to perform all of the following functions and other tasks as needed:
- Design, assembly, installation, adjustment, testing, cleaning, calibration, maintenance, repair and troubleshooting of plant instrumentation and electronic systems such as controllers, transmitters, indicators, plant and laboratory analyzers, and weighing systems
- Follow instructions for completion of job tasks.
- Complete written documentation of work performed.
- Provide training to other site personnel
- Flexible schedule required to support start-up activities
- Responsible for working as part of an empowered team to achieve site mission, vision and goals through:
- Efficient and safe operation of equipment
- Compliance with current good manufacturing procedures(cGMP), safety and environmental requirements/regulations/guidelines
- Effective communication
Please note this position may be a 1st, 2nd or 3rd shift position - depending on the business needs.
High School Diploma or GED required
- Operation/use of general hand and power tools, instruments and testing apparatus common to the electronic and instrumentation fields
- Ability to read P&ID's, electrical drawings, blueprints, PLC ladder logic, etc
- Effective calibration/troubleshooting skills
- Ability to communicate and work in a highly effective team environment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and advance several tasks in parallel
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Experience in aseptic or GMP/regulated manufacturing environment
- Ability to work with and troubleshoot computer control equipment, including Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) and Distributed Control Systems (DCS)
- Knowlegde of SAP
Our employees are the key to our company’s success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Merck’s benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations.
Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Search Firm Representatives
Please Read Carefully:
Merck is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes ted by search firms to any employee at Merck via-email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Merck is an equal opportunity employer, M/F/D/V – proudly embracing diversity in all of its manifestations. Former Military, Transitioning Service Members, National Guard & Reserves - We value your past and present service.
Job:Production / Maintenance
Job Title: Senior Technician
Number of Openings:2
Shift (if applicable):Other (see Work Schedule)