Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
Field Service Engineer
Job Title: Field Service Engineer
Job Type: Full-Time
Location: Durham, NC
This position reports to the Regional Service Manager
The individual in this position is responsible for a wide variety of service related support functions including, but not limited to, the repair, maintenance, and installation of assigned products. Other related duties that may be assigned from time to time.
The position is responsible for the repair, maintenance and installation of assigned products sold by Shimadzu Scientific Instruments anywhere within our market area as required.
Additional Job Responsibilities
* Repairing, maintaining and installing those products sold by Shimadzu Scientific Instruments Inc. or its authorized representatives or suppliers anywhere within the company’s market area.
* Providing technical training to customers, service and technical support personnel.
* Accurate documentation and reporting of all repairs and product failures and when applicable providing design change and improvement recommendations.
* Assist in the development of preventative maintenance procedures for Shimadzu Products as required.
* The maintenance and control of repair parts inventories within the position’s assigned region in accordance with the administrative policies.
* Providing customers and other personnel within assigned region necessary support and documentation required to effect instrument repairs, maintenance, and installations.
* Repairing instruments returned to the Regional Service Center in a timely manner and provide support to less experienced service personnel in performance of the same.
* Travel as required to provide service support to customers and other SSI personnel.
* Ensure timely submission of all necessary reports and other required paperwork.
Education and/or Experience
An associate’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Technology is required, a bachelors within a Life Science discipline is highly preferred. Incumbent must have at least three years of field or in-house instrumentation repair experience (or the equivalent similar product) is required.
Incumbent must be proficient at effectively and efficiently troubleshooting and repairing instrument problems, performing installations, and providing, when necessary, customer and staff training.