Enter the base name or location (i.e. "North Carolina" or "Pearl Harbor")
|Army||Air Force||Coast Guard||Navy||Marines|
PT Instructor CCE Computer SQL/BI
Job ID #:2355 Location:Multi-Campus - Charlotte, NC 28204
Position Category:Faculty Department:
Position Type:Faculty Employment Type:Part-Time
Education Required:See Minimum Qualifications Below Salary Grade:Part-Time
Experience Required:See Minimum Qualifications Below Eligible for Benefits:No
Position Closing Date:August 31, 2012 or open until filled
Position subject to budget approval.
Located in Charlotte, North Carolina, Central Piedmont Community College is a nationally recognized leader in workforce development with a commitment to teaching and learning excellence. As a learning-centered organization focusing on documented learning outcomes, the College provides high quality programs and services within a supportive environment.
Central Piedmont is the largest community college in the state with six campuses serving 75,000 learners annually. The College offers over 285 degree, diploma, and certificate programs in various areas including technical/vocational, health, culinary, hospitality, STEM-S, and professional careers as well as a comprehensive college transfer program. The College also offers a wide selection of programs and courses through Corporate and Continuing Education. These offerings are designed to address the personal, professional, organizational, and economic development needs of the community and are market-inspired, growth-oriented, and entrepreneurial in nature. They include Public Safety/Forensics, Healthcare, Real Estate/Mortgage Banking, an Information Technology Academy, and a Construction Institute.
Responsibilities of the Position:
To provide instruction in a predetermined subject/application area in such a manner that each student has the most opportunity for personal growth and advancement. Must be computer literate and certified in area.
Instructors for Central Piedmont Community College will be expected to:
* Application of system analysis techniques and procedures including consulting with users to determine hardware/software or system functional specifications.
* To meet every class session promptly and ready for that sessions instruction.
* Coordination and implementation of instruction in an orderly and professional manner.
* Set-up and clean-up classroom at the beginning and at the end of each class/session.
* Confirm that all materials are ordered and prepared for class sessions.
* Coordination and implementation of one-on-one instruction in an orderly and professional manner
* Curriculum design and development as needed by software subject and client.
* Computer education and training industry research.
* Support student questions and external client concerns by returning telephone calls and emails when necessary.
* Promote services and classes through conventions, public relations, trade shows, etc.
Must be computer literate and certified in area.
Excellent communication and presentation skills.
Graduation from a regionally accredited four-year college. Education, Communications or Computer Science degree
BEFORE YOU APPLY!:
1. Applications for this position will be accepted up until midnight on the closing date listed or until filled.
2. A completed CPCC application must be completed on-line.
3. During the application process, applicants will be prompted to build a cover letter and resume. Applicants may upload an existing cover letter; however will be required to build a resume using a standardized format in the on-line system.
instruction by measurable objectives, multimedia instruction and professional accountability.
4. Applicants will be given the option to attach a comprehensive resume of educational, professional and community qualifications as an additional document if desires.
5. All applications must be received in the Human Resources office by midnight on the closing date posted to be guaranteed for consideration. Applications of qualified candidates received after this date may be considered at the discretion of the hiring manager.
CPCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
History of CPCC
Since its beginning, the College has been a national pacesetter in education. Standouts on the CPCC roster include a Pulitzer Prize winner, a Metropolitan Opera star, an Olympic gold medalist, a Medal of Honor winner, a television actress, and a pro football player. Countless others — chefs, healthcare providers, technicians, real estate brokers, paralegals, firefighters, law enforcement officers, trades people, and others who serve our community — share CPCC’s proud tradition.
CPCC has been providing educational opportunities since 1963, the year that the North Carolina General Assembly passed the community college bill. From its inception, the College was innovative in its teaching methods. CPCC soon garnered national recognition for its individualized instruction and computer-assisted instruction. In 1970, the College was invited to join the prestigious League for Innovation in the Community College, and is still an active member.
Dr. Tony Zeiss, CPCC’s third president, has led the College since December 1992. He is devoted to the mission of CPCC and to serving students and the community through customized training and workforce development. Under his direction, CPCC became a multi-campus community college in 1996 with the conversion of the North Area Learning Center in Huntersville to the North Campus. Four other campuses subsequently opened; Levine Campus in 1998, the Harper Campus in 1999, the West Campus in 2001, and the Cato Campus in 2002. CPCC now has full-service campuses across Mecklenburg County. CPCC is the county’s premier workforce development resource, offering its educational services throughout the area.